Menu
News

Two hurt as gas bottle explodes

A MAN and woman have suffered serious burns after a gas bottle ignited at a far north Queensland home.

This incident, which occurred about 2.50pm, is believed to have happened at their home on Miara Close, at Kewarra Beach.

A police media spokesman said the extent of their injuries were unknown, but were described by officers on scene as "significant".

Emergency services rushed to the address after reports of a loud explosion inside a house but a police spokesman was unable to confirm if the gas bottle had exploded.

Detectives from the Criminal Investigation Branch are attending and will investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident. A crime scene has been set up around the property.

Topics:  editors picks gas explosion

News Corp Australia